The magazine still is not here, but anyway, it seems to be a lucky for me (had a bird droppings experience earlier the day) and the blog, here are the things I have been making lately.
A market bag. Cut in February when I read about Jennifer's Daikon Ultimatum. There was no pattern, I just tried to get as much as possible out of my little piece of KIVET (MARIMEKKO). Exposed selvedge, naturally. At the bottom it is constructed like a simple paper bag which I did because a common bottom would have stolen too much of the precious selvedge. So happy to have been sewing this WIP finally.
Also I made a smock that has been lingering around here in a cut out state for almost as long as the bag. For that I used a pattern from Swany Kamakura which I got about two years ago when I purchased these. Hmmmm... there are a lot of beautiful fabrics on my shelves which never got used. Too bad.
I altered the pattern, made a different closure, thought a little more colour would be suiting this rather pale Lecien (Birds - My Folklore) I had on stash.
Hope you are all well!