Yes, I should do that again. Quilts are waiting to be quilted, girls to be dressed. We are not ready for an entirely knitted environment yet. So I got out my patterns, the sewing machine and serger and let my child pick the fabric and the dress to be made.
Pattern: OTTOBRE 1/2008, the model that's on the cover (#20, oh, sure they do have names now... it's Rose). I pretty much did everything according to the instructions, chose size 110 after measuring my child. More length but less width would be better, I think, so next I will go down one size for the width but lengthen the hem, a good deal. I don't like zippers in such dresses but had forgotten about that while cutting the fabric, so I had to go with the zipper. Also something I try to keep in mind next time.
The gathering I did evenly over the whole width. The final seam on the bias around the neck is done by hand, as well as the hem.
A woolen crocheted collar because it is autumn now... The pattern is from a book I recently found in a used book store (100 Yen!). The book is from 1986, looking rather boring but has some interesting patterns. Like this little collar. Unusual construction, done quickly.
Have a good start into the new week!