Lots of rain, slowly drying laundry, ajisai (hydrangea), Calpis and first kakigori (shaved ice). And new rubber boots.
Time for expeditions and twirling around.
A no-pattern skirt with a little
saddle yoke (thanks Sooz!)and elastic, finished in no time, and a new cardigan that took forever. Started some time earlier this year and was almost done before the move.
When I picked it up again only one front part had to be knit but I had a hard time remembering what I did exactly with the first front... the pattern is to be found here and sized for up to 24 months. I modified it a bit to make up for a larger size and different gauge. I haven't taken notes though and can't say anything about it now. Only that Dagny fell into a muddy puddle that day two weeks ago and the cardigan had to be washed, ending up even larger after drying.
I used yarn I had on stash, but I didn't have enough of the off-white for the band and had to distract from its different colour there by using two additional contrasting yarns (red and blue). That worked well and I even like it better this way.
The yarn is Munsell King from Yuzawaya, nothing fancy but really soft. I don't expect it to be looking well for too long though, too bad because this cardigan will be fitting for quite some years.
To see the skirt better, two pictures from yesterday:
Thank you so much for the craft room love and have a good day everyone!